< Previous: Price and availability
We are 15 miles SE of the city of Bordeaux, at the end of Rue Bauduc, Créon 33670. You should find this on Google Maps, GPS etc.
Changeover day is Friday. You can arrive from 2pm, and on the day of departure please leave the upstairs clear by 10am, downstairs by 10.30am and outside by 11am (unless otherwise agreed).
To get to the farmhouse, come all the way down Rue Bauduc and through the stone gateposts into the vineyard. Our 'Château Bauduc' sign on the right is being replaced so there is no sign at the mo, but drive down the tree-lined drive and go straight ahead and past the pond on your right. Once into the yard, with buildings on both sides and an old Citroen van under a tree ahead of you, go just past the small laurel hedge on the right. The front door and parking for the farmhouse is tucked away there on the right hand side, opposite the chestnut tree and old Citreon van. If you need us, WhatsApp, call or text us - Gavin's mobile is +33 6 42 32 98 53 and Angela's is +33 6 50 10 85 21.
Château Bauduc is around 40 minutes from Bordeaux airport, though longer in the rush hour. Try to avoid the rocade, or Bordeaux ring road, late afternoon on a Friday.
Bordeaux airport is well served from the UK, via Easyjet from Gatwick, Luton, Bristol, plus Liverpool and Manchester (end May to Sept), Glasgow (July and Aug) and Belfast (May to Sept). Ryanair from Stansted is a good service. Less frequently but good in summer is BA from Gatwick.
Alternatively, Bergerac airport is about 1 hour 20 minutes from us.
Half the guests have come by car, the others on a plane. There's also Eurostar to Paris and then the fast, 2-hour TGV from Paris to Bordeaux.
Taxis are available at Bordeaux airport but are not cheap. Around €100 depending on the day and time. (More on a Sunday.) Uber used to operate there - we need to check.
Directions from the airport and the Bordeaux ring road (rocade)
- From the airport, head east towards Bordeaux.
- At the two roundabouts, follow the signs to the Bordeaux ring road or rocade, marked Arcachon, Bayonne and Toulouse.
- Stay on this road for about 18 kms. You are now following the direction marked Paris.
- Turn off at Junction 22A, immediately after the Francois Mitterand bridge over the Garonne river, signposted to Latresnes.
(Note that if you have come around the rocade from the airport in the opposite direction, clockwise around the north of the city, there is no Junction 22A, so come off at Junction 22).
- Go straight over the two big roundabouts that follow, heading towards Latresne.
- At the third roundabout, take the first exit towards Cadillac along the D10.
- After approximately 1km, make a sharp left hand turn, up the hill, to Camblanes and Créon.
- At the top of the hill, take the second exit at the roundabout.
- Stay on this road (D14). Créon is about 13kms from there and well-signposted all the way.
- When you come to Créon, follow the signs to Sauveterre and La Sauve.
- When you come to the roundabout in Créon that has the gates to the Gendarmerie on it, and a Banque Populaire on the corner, take the exit towards Sauveterre.
- Just 50m later you'll come to a second roundabout with a stone statue. Take the first exit, right, on Rue Bauduc, signposted to Chateau Bauduc.
- Continue to the end of this road and drive through the gates marked Chateau Bauduc. Once through the gateposts, come down the tree-lined drive and go straight ahead, past the pond, and into the yard. The front door and parking for the farmhouse is tucked away on the right hand side, near the old Citroen van under the chestnut tree, just after the small hedge on the right
avin's mobile is +33 6 42 32 98 53 and Angela's is +33 6 50 10 85 21 or you can email us at email@example.com.
< Previous: Price and availability