Château Bauduc is around 30 minutes from Bordeaux airport, though longer in the rush hour.
Bordeaux airport is well served from the UK, via BA from Gatwick, Easyjet from Gatwick, Luton, Bristol (end Mar to Oct), Liverpool (end May to Sept), Glasgow (July and Aug) and Belfast (May to Sept).
Also there's Flybe from Birmingham (Mar to Oct), Southampton (May to Sept), Edinburgh (Mar to Sept), Manchester (July and Aug) and Newcastle (July and Aug) and Ryanair from Stansted.
Alternatively, Bergerac airport is about 1 hour 20 minutes from us.
Directions from the airport and the Bordeaux ring road (rocade)
- From the airport, head east towards Bordeaux.
- At the two roundabouts, follow the signs to the Bordeaux ring road or rocade, marked Arcachon, Bayonne and Toulouse.
- Stay on this road for about 18 kms. You are now following the direction marked Paris.
- Turn off at Junction 22A, immediately after the Francois Mitterand bridge over the Garonne river, signposted to Latresnes.
(Note that if you have come around the rocade from the airport in the opposite direction, clockwise around the north of the city, there is no Junction 22A, so come off at Junction 22).
- Go straight over the two big roundabouts that follow, heading towards Latresne.
- At the third roundabout, take the first exit towards Cadillac along the D10.
- After approximately 1km, make a sharp left hand turn, up the hill, to Camblanes and Créon.
- At the top of the hill, take the second exit at the roundabout.
- Stay on this road (D14). Créon is about 13kms from there and well-signposted all the way.
- When you come to Créon, follow the signs to Sauveterre and La Sauve.
- When you come to the roundabout in Créon that has the gates to the Gendarmerie on it, and a Banque Populaire on the corner, take the exit towards Sauveterre.
- Just 50m later you'll come to a second roundabout with a stone statue. Take the first exit, right, on Rue Bauduc, signposted to Chateau Bauduc.
- Continue to the end of this road and drive through the gates marked Chateau Bauduc.
Gavin's mobile is +33 6 42 32 98 53 and Angela's is +33 6 50 10 85 21 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.